October 26, 2021 | 00h00
BACOLOD CITY, Philippines – Travelers are no longer required to register with S-PaSS or the Safe, Fast and Smart Passage app before entering Negros Oriental Province.
Governor Roel Degamo issued an Executive Order (EO) lifting S-PaSS as one of the travel requirements after the local interagency COVID task force highlighted the lack of S-PaSS meters at several points in the country. entry into the province at a meeting on October 20.
The lack of S-PaSS counters often results in large numbers of passengers stranded at ports and other points of entry, the task force said.
By lifting the S-PaSS requirement, Degamo clarified that all the other provisions previously provided for in the framework of the IB remain in force.
The provincial government has said unvaccinated travelers must always test negative for RT-PCR or reverse transcription-polymerase reaction performed 72 hours before travel. The lifting of the S-PaSS took effect on October 23.
Meanwhile, the vaccine rollout for minors with comorbidities in Bacolod City will begin on October 29.
The start of vaccination for minors with comorbidities will coincide with the nationwide start of the rollout of the age group vaccination, according to Em Ang, executive director of the city’s emergency operations center.